A seminar for graduate students with input from faculty
Each year, PROMISE and the Graduate School host a dinner seminar that
allows graduate students to ask questions of faculty. This year, the “When Faculty Say ‘X’ … ” seminar will be held on Friday, October 10, 2014 in BIO 120
This is your chance to ask the faculty any questions about expectations, understanding requirements, how they say “no”, how they show their approval, etc.
We will also reflect upon and review past advice from faculty representing many departments in all colleges throughout UMBC.
Your feedback makes this annual session special. Do you have a question that you want a faculty member to answer? Post it in the comment section of this post on the “Faculty Say X” website. You may post anonymously.
The following UMBC faculty members will serve as discussants and will answer questions that are posted anonymously, or asked in-person:
- Dr. Susan McDonough – Department of History
- Dr. Kimberly R. Moffitt – Department of American Studies
- Dr. Claudia Galindo – LLC
- Dr. Marie-Christine Daniel-Onuta, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Dr. Brian Cullum, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Dr. Tim Oates, Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
To RSVP click here: http://my.umbc.edu/groups/promise/events/26555
Friday, 10/10/14, 4:30 – 6:00 pm, BIO 120
Dinner will be provided.