For all new TAs and graduate students interested in teaching
All new Teaching Assistants, and all graduate students who are interested in teaching (during or after graduate school) should plan to attend this orientation session. This session is part of the annual PROF-it (Professors-in-Training) suite of activities offered to graduate students.
- $2000 “Professors in Training” (PROF-it) Opportunities at the Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) – UMBC/CCBC Teaching Fellows Program
- Teaching Undergraduates Through the “Introduction to an Honors University (IHU)” Program
- “Teaching Disciplinary Thinking”
- Instructional Technologies (Including Blackboard, Bb screencasting, and Bb Collaborate for virtual office hours.)
- Conflict Resolution: What Every TA Needs to Know
- Assisting Students with Disabilities
- Counseling Center
- Panels of experienced TAs and instructors in Social Sciences and Humanities disciplines, and for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields.
For more information and to register, visit: http://my.umbc.edu/groups/promise/events/24705
Friday, 8/22/2014, 8:30 am – 2:00 pm, Sherman Hall 003
Breakfast and Lunch will be served.