Technology Development Assistant
Title Technology Development Assistant
Status Graduate Assistant, 12-month appointment
Supervisor Technical Analyst
Dates July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015
The Technology Development Assistant will be involved in the ongoing implementation of a new information management system as well as the continued maintenance of legacy technology. This 12-month appointment will aid in the short term implementation tasks, as well as legacy troubleshooting and maintenance needs.
· Continue existing processes of migration to a new department information system for RL and SJP
· Provide aid and hands-on sessions as needed to train staff in the implementation process
· Using web services, build data transport methods to update between external databases and the department information system
· Build or adapt existing systems to work with a new housing management information system
· Assist in the data migration and reconciliation from a legacy housing management system
· Develop and implement new forms and workflow using the university eForms system
· Maintain approximately 20 office hours per week
· Participate in bi-weekly individual meetings with supervisor and formal evaluation process once per semester
· Participate in bi-weekly unit, monthly departmental and periodic divisional meetings as schedule permits
· Attend/support some evening staff programs and events
· Maintain a positive attitude and act in a professional manner as a representative of the Residential Life Office
· Perform all related duties as requested
Compensation to include Tuition Remission and Financial Stipend.
Apply by Friday, May 2, 2014 at 4:00 PM for best consideration to:
UMBC Residential Life
Attn: Ken Schreihofer
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD. 21250
To Apply: Email or mail cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of 3 references.
For more information, call 410-455-8184.
UMBC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.