PROMISE AGEP: Maryland Transformation (An NSF AGEP-T), is proud to announce the opening round of applications for the new University System of Maryland’s STEM Postdoctoral Fellowship program.
This NSF funded program is designed to promote faculty diversity by preparing diverse, talented postdoctoral trainees with the career skills needed to succeed in STEM academic research. Fellows will propose research projects at a home institution of: University of Maryland, University of Maryland-Baltimore, or University of Maryland-Baltimore County, the three research institutions within the twelve-campus University System of Maryland. Additionally, fellows will design opportunities for research, teaching and mentoring rotations at one or two other System institutions. In addition to an innovative research experience, fellows will receive career development guidance, participate in a community of scholarship, create new collaborations and cultivate employment opportunities. Fellows will receive a stipend plus benefits. The fellowship period is one year. Awards will be made to 1-2 scholars per year.
- Applications Due: 6/15/2014
- Application Review: 6/15/2014 – 7/15/2014
- Decision Announcement: 8/1/2014
- Postdoctoral Appointment begins: 9/1/2014
The information above is also provided in the flier below. A downloadable PDF can be found here:
The application deadline for positions beginning in the fall of 2014 is June 15. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents with a PhD in a STEM field. Commitment to the goals of the program, strong academic and research credentials and an interest in teaching and mentoring will be important criteria used in the selection process.
The application will include:
- Proposal of research (limit 1 page),
- Statement of plans to advocate for diversity in the professoriate including teaching and mentoring philosophy (limit 1 page),
- Selection of 3-5 potential mentors and a brief overview of interest in each lab (limit 1 page total)
- Letters of Reference (limit 2)
- Curriculum Vitae
Submit application materials to: PROMISE@umaryland.edu