The Division of Student Affairs at UMBC facilitates learning and prepares students for success in our multi-cultural and increasingly global society and workforce. RESPONSIBILITIES This is a 12-month, full-time graduate assistant position (20 hrs/week). Appointment would begin July 2014. The graduate assistant for programs and services will assist with the provision of leadership, supervision, and event support within The Gameroom and Flat Tuesdays. Specific responsibilities will include but not limited to:
– Planning, organizing, and executing events within both The Gameroom and Flat Tuesdays that promote diversity and wellness
– Reviewing and revising operational procedures for service desk management and program implementation
– Conducting regularly scheduled staff meetings to follow-up on operational concerns/issues, and upcoming event planning
– Interviewing, hiring, training, and evaluating student staff to provide full schedule coverage for each semester
– Providing some evening supervision and coordination for both The Gameroom and Flat Tuesdays Additional areas of responsibility may include: supporting the development and implementation of sustainability initiatives; developing educational opportunities around alcohol and other drug abuse; assisting with staff training and alcohol intervention (TiPS), as well as the on-going development of student employees.
The deadline to apply for this position is: May 30th, 2014.
For more information on this, please contact:
This position is on UMBCworks under # 9265556