Strategies for Postdocs in Career Preparation
As a postdoctoral fellow, you have your degree, and you are training for your future career.But how do you make yourself stand out among the competition for your ideal job?
Join us for an interactive session in which you will learn how to be proactive in laying out your career path.
In Part 1, borrowing strategies from the Lean Startup movement in the entrepreneurial world, you will:
- Discover who will be interested in your skillset, research, and qualifications
- Discover what your future career would require of you
- Discover your unique area of expertise that will mark your contribution to your field
- Identify the area of need in your field
- Build relationships with potential employers, collaborators, strategic partners
Dr. Judith Pollack, from the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, is also an entrepreneur.She is the President of MycoInnovation, a biotech startup at the bwtech@UMBC Life Sciences Incubator.She will talk about the strategies she learned from starting her business, that can be applied to the postdoc’s career preparation.
For info on Part 2 of this workshop:
Wednesday, 4/23/14, 10:00 am – 12:00 noon, Commons 329