The Graduate Student Association (GSA) would like to invite one-two graduate students from each graduate program to represent graduate students and serve as Senators on the GSA Senate for the Academic Year 2013-2014. This representation is important to ensure that graduate students are eligible to receive travel and research grants offered by the GSA (for those who pay graduate program fees).
Senators are expected to:
- Attend the monthly GSA Senate Meeting on the 1st Monday of each month. If UMBC is closed on the 1st Monday, the meeting is scheduled for the following Monday. The meeting is always held 5:00-7:00 pm in UC, Room 312.
- Serve on GSA Committees. The GSA is creating new committees to insure graduate student involvement in shared governance opportunities at UMBC.
- Act as liaisons between the GSA and the graduate students in their programs, including, but not limited to:
- Communicating with graduate students in their programs all information and decisions the GSA discusses at the Senate.
- Communicating to the GSA any questions, concerns or suggestions students in their programs may have.
- Encouraging and promoting graduate students’ involvement on campus.
Talk with your Graduate Program Director if you are interested.
For more information, please visit the GSA website at http://gsa.umbc.edu/about-gsa/
The First GSA Senate Meeting is on Monday, September 9th at 5:00-7:00 pm in UC, Room 312.
Dinner will be provided.