1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, etc. Any year, any discipline!
In the spirit of The Dissertation House, we are piloting a new seminar series called “Writing for Publication” for graduate students at all levels. In these sessions, students who are ready to prepare research for publication would gather as a group with a mentor-coach to hear advice, set goals, and work on manuscripts.
Dates: Tuesday, January 22 and Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Location: UMBC Commons, Room 318 (1/22), Room 331 (1/23)
Eligibility: All master’s and doctoral students, in all disciplines are welcome to apply. We will choose up to 15 students. Decisions will be made based on clarity and focus of project descriptions.
Mentor-Coach: Dr. Patricia Young, Associate Professor of Education, UMBC
A) Please submit a current CV.
B) Please answer the following questions:
(1) What is the topic of your intended publication?
(2) Where are you in the writing process?
(3) Have you published any journal articles to date?
(4) Which journals are you targeting? (Please give the titles, with websites)
(5) What are your goals for this workshop (Completed paper? Abstract? Literature Review?).
C) Include the following header information with the description:
- Telephone numbers (home, office, and fax)
- E-mail address
- Academic Program and Year in the program
Deadline: We have a short window for this pilot project. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 19, 2012. Please use the words “Writing for Publication” in the subject line of your email.
For more information, please login to MyUMBC, RSVP here by clicking the green “I can attend” button, *AND* follow the application directions above.
Tuesday, 1/22-23/13, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Commons 318 & 331