The English Language Institute at UMBC is looking to fill the following graduate assistantship position.
Graduate Assistant, Academic and Instructional Services
Under the oversight of the ELI’s Assistant Director for Academic Programs this graduate assistant will be expected to work 20 hours per week supporting the following instruction-related projects:
- Administering standardized placement/exit tests and in-house assessments
- Entering and analyzing placement and exit assessment data to support student placement and level progression decisions
- Occasional sorting and filing of student assessment paperwork
- Administering and analyzing end of semester ELI course surveys
- Conducting research and trend analysis to support curricular and instructional decisions
- Overseeing instructional lab and maintaining lab schedule
- Assisting with ELI instructor professional development planning and activities
- Ordering and tracking ELI textbooks and instructor materials
- Ordering, collecting, and keeping track of instructor books and materials
- Assisting with academic functions of the new student orientation (i.e., testing, placement, registration, record keeping)
- Other duties as assigned.
Application deadline: December 15, 2012
Start date: January 2013