The Graduate School at UMBC is pleased to announce that the Graduate School Winter Commencement ceremony will be held on Thursday, December 20, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. in the Retriever Activities Center (RAC) on the UMBC Campus. The ceremony will recognize August 2012 and December 2012 graduates.
If you wish to participate, you must rent your academic regalia (cap, gown and hood) soon!
The Campus Bookstore’s Regalia Order Center will be open Monday, October 1 and Tuesday, October 2 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Wednesday, October 3 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Regalia can also be rented online through Wednesday, October 24. (A $25.00 late fee will be charged for any order placed after October 9 and the site will shut down on Thursday, October 25.)
The rental cost of graduate regalia is $79.99 for master’s students and $167.99 for doctoral students.
For your information in filling out the regalia rental form, please note the following:
The Doctoral degree awarded by the Graduate School is:
▪ Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), signified by a dark blue velvet band on the hood.
The Master’s degrees awarded are:
▪ Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.), signified by a brown velvet band on the hood;
▪ Master of Arts (M.A.), signified by a white velvet band;
▪ Master in Professional Studies (M.P.S.), signified by a gold velvet band;
▪ Master of Public Policy (M.P.P.), signified by a dark blue velvet band;
▪ Master of Science (M.S.), signified by a gold velvet band.
Pick-up dates for regalia are Monday, December 3 and Tuesday, December 4 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., and Wednesday, December 5, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Bookstore.
If you have questions about the information above or need assistance, please contact:
PLEASE RENT YOUR REGALIA SOON!
Graduate School Winter Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, 12/20/12, at 10:00 am
Retriever Activities Center (RAC)
NO TICKETS for the Graduate School Winter Commencement will be needed since the RAC can accommodate many people.