For all new TAs and graduate students interested in teaching
All new Teaching Assistants, and all graduate students who are interested in teaching should plan to attend this workshop. This session is part of the annual PROF-it (Professors-in-Training) suite of activities offered to graduate students.
- $2000 “Professors in Training” (PROF-it) Opportunities at the Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) – UMBC/CCBC Teaching Fellows Program
- Teaching Undergraduates Through the “Introduction to an Honors University (IHU)” Program
- Skillsoft Training (Optional business and project management training for TAs)
- “Teaching Disciplinary Thinking”
- Blackboard Online Technology for Teaching
- Conflict Resolution: What Every TA Needs to Know
- Working with students who have different abilities
- Panels of experienced TAs and instructors in Social Sciences and Humanities disciplines, and for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields.
Please register for this workshop here: http://my.umbc.edu/groups/promise/events/12437
Friday, 8/24/12, 8:30 am – 2:00 pm, Academic IV – LH4
Breakfast and Lunch* will be served.
* Lunch Success Seminar on Life/Work Balance with Robert Deluty, Associate Dean of the Graduate School, Associate Professor of Psychology, Affiliate Associate Professor of English, Poet, and Author – Requires separate RSVP here: http://my.umbc.edu/groups/promise/events/12438