Spend 4 days writing … make progress on your dissertation!
The Summer Dissertation House is coming to UMBC, July 10-13. Graduate students who plan to participate should follow the application procedures on the application webpage for the Dissertation House.
Open application period: April 30, 2012 – May 14, 2012.
Applications received after May 14, 2012 will be considered for the DH waiting list. More information about the Dissertation House: http://dissertationhouse.wordpress.com/about/
The Dissertation House runs from 9 AM – 5PM, for four days, Tuesday, July 10 through Friday, July 13.
- Students must plan to attend the full session, for each of the 4 days.
- Daily schedule includes 2 mini-lectures, and 5 hours of writing per day.
- Breakfast, Lunch, and a snack will be served daily.
- The Dissertation House is free for UMBC’s graduate students.
- There are 15 spaces available for the Dissertation House.
- Details regarding eligibility can be found on the application page of the website for the Dissertation House.
- Subscribe to the website: http://www.thedissertationhouse.com
Read about The Dissertation House in UMBC’s Alumni Magazine: Byrne, R. (2011, Fall) “The Write Stuff”, UMBC Magazine. p. 12
Please login to myUMBC, go to PROMISE Events and click “I can attend”. *AND* follow the application procedures on the main website for the Dissertation House: http://dissertationhouse.wordpress.com/apply/
Tuesday, 7/10 – Friday, 7/13/2012, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Commons 329
This post attributed to PROMISE: Maryland’s AGEP: http://www.umbc.edu/promise