Leveraging Your International Experience: Baltimore Regional Re-entry Conference
Saturday, February 11, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Andrew White Center, 4th Floor Student Activities Room, Loyola University Maryland
All students from colleges/universities in the Baltimore area who have had an international experience are invited to attend the annual Re-entry Conference! Participants will learn how to make personal and professional meaning of their time abroad, including how to market their knowledge and skills on a resume, in cover letters and on job interviews. Students will share their international experiences with other recent returnees. A panel of experts will discuss international opportunities including volunteering, working, and graduate study abroad.
Event details can be found at http://www.towson.edu/studyabroad/reentryconference.asp.
Tentative Panelists for 2012 conference:
· Karen Kray – University Relations Manager, SIT Study Abroad
· Charlotte Keniston – Returned Peace Corps Volunteer and graduate student, UMBC
· Carol Michaels O’Laughlin – Group Vice President, Empowerment & Civic Engagement, Winrock International
· Matthew Platania – CEO, PIN Consulting & Founding Director, Modern Italian Network
· Angela Shaeffer – Study Abroad Assistant Director, Goucher College
· Dan Strobel – Program Manager, Cultural Vistas
To register, submit the Registration Form (PDF) and $8 registration fee by Friday, February 3, 2012 (early registration deadline). YOU CAN SUBMIT THESE FORMS DIRECTLY TO THE UMBC STUDY ABROAD OFFICE, 223 ADMIN. Participants can also register and pay at the door ($10) on the day of the event. Registration fee includes program, information materials, resume critique (optional), and lunch.
Please visit the Baltimore Regional Re-entry Conference website for more information and to download the registration form.