The Graduate School at UMBC is pleased to announce that the Graduate School Commencement ceremony will be held on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 at 10:00 am in the Retriever Activities Center (RAC) on the UMBC Campus.
If you wish to participate, you must rent your academic regalia (cap, gown and hood) soon!
The Campus Bookstore’s Regalia Order Center will be open on Monday, October 3 and Tuesday, October 4 from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm and on Wednesday, October 5 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Regalia can also be rented online through Saturday, October 22. (Beginning October 12, candidates who rent regalia will be assessed a $25 late fee, and the site will shut down on Sunday, October 23.)
The cost of graduate regalia is $78.99 for master’s students, and $123.99 for doctoral students.
Please note the following:
- Pick-up dates for regalia are Monday, December 5 and Tuesday, December 6 from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm, and Wednesday, December 7 from 11:00 am – 3:00 pm at the Bookstore.
- The Doctoral degree awarded by the Graduate School is the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree, and is signified by a dark blue velvet band on the hood.
- The Master’s degrees awarded are:
- Master of Arts (M.A.), signified by a white velvet band
- Master of Professional Studies (M.P.S.), signified by a gold velvet band
- Master of Public Policy (M.P.P.), signified by a dark blue velvet band
- Master of Science (M.S.), signified by a gold velvet band
Announcements, memorabilia and other items are also available for order at the Campus Bookstore’s Regalia Order Center from October 3-5, or online here after October 6.
If you have questions about the information above or need assistance, please contact:
PLEASE RENT YOUR REGALIA SOON!
Graduate School Commencement Ceremony
Wednesday, 12/21/11, 10:00 am
Retriever Activities Center (RAC)
This ceremony includes all August 2011 and December 2011 graduates.